Pages

Friday, April 25, 2014

Fort Myers to New Britain

This season, AJ and I have been making a conscious effort to be present and to enjoy where we are. In baseball, it is so easy to be constantly wanting to be somewhere else. When in low A, you are so focused on getting to high A. You get to high A, and all you can think about is getting to double A. Its a vicious cycle, and even as a baseball wife I am guilty of it. We have been enjoying our time in Fort Myers, building relationships with people we are meeting here, and being completely HERE in the NOW. The Lord is really showing us that he will use us wherever we are. I truly don't know how I would get through this lifestyle without Jesus and the peace he provides amidst all of the chaos and unknowns. 

Being in Fort Myers the first month of the season has been a huge blessing. I got to have my husband here with me while I was finishing up my last month of work. I met some amazing wives that I am already sad to leave (but happy because I know our paths will cross again). 

That being said-- we are off to New Britain, Connecticut! AJ will be joining the Double-A team! He got the notice at 10PM last night and in true minor league baseball style, was on a flight by 8AM this morning. I have been browsing the internet all day looking for a place for us to live, and staring at our stuff hoping it will just *POOF* and be all packed. 

Here are a few pictures from the past weeks. Easter, baseball, and my high school girls visit!

No comments:

Post a Comment